14 June, 2007

Firefox Tips and Tricks

On Monday, I learned a few tricks, tips and optimizations for Firefox.

The first item is Widefox (Firefox for the widescreen generation). This optimization works well on my laptop. I am still getting use to the new layout. So far I like it and seems to help me be a little more productive. Setting up Widefox is composed of two major steps, installing the TabMixPlus add-on and configuring userChrome.

Next I applied several tricks and tweaks for Firefox the was posted on Lifehacker. I followed several of the tips listed in the blog post and the comments for the posts. My two favorite posts so far are: Force links to open in the background and Geek to Live: Top Firefox 2 config tweaks.

The last tip I have is to learn some keyboard shortcuts for Firefox. You can get a big list of keyboard shortcuts from the online Firefox help page. My style is to learn a few keyboard shortcuts and use them for a week or two before adding more. The two shortcuts I use the most are ctrl+W to close a tab and ctrl+L to select the location bar.

No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...