18 July, 2014

C++ header file location

This morning I was working a tutorial on openFrameworks. The tutorial called for the creation of a new class. I was a bit careless in the creation of the files. The files were created outside of the src folder. I used Visual Studio 2012 (VS) to move the files to correct location. When I went to use the new class in the code, VS could not find the files. VS did not move the file on the hard drive. I had to manually move the files myself.

Today's lesson is that I must be careful when creating new class files (.h and .cpp) to make sure there are created in the correct location. The other lesson is when moving source files around it is worth checking to make sure the files are moved on the hard drive.


No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...