06 January, 2018

Upgrading the Build Surface


For the last couple of years, I have been using blue painter's tape on a heated bed. Recently, I bought a new Anycubic Adhesive 3D Printing Build Surface High Temperature Resistant Sticker.

Installation of the new build surface was quick and easy.

To test the new build surface, I grabbed a Letter Opener model from Thingiverse. This model comes to a sharp point. I have had problems with the model lifting when it contains a sharp point.

The first layer went down smoothly and evenly. I didn't notice any wrapping or lifting while the printer was running.

Right after the printer finished and the bed was still hot, I tried to remove the skirt. I was able to get the skirt to start pulling away from the bed but it was difficult.

I then waited about 10 minutes for the bed to cool completely. It took a lot of effort to get the model off the bed.

Installation Steps

  • Removed the old blue painter's tape
  • Quickly cleaned the heated bed with Rubbing Alcohol
  • Removed the sticker's backing
  • Placed the sticker on the bed
  • Rubbed the surface of the sticker to make sure there were no bubbles
  • Heated the hot end and bed
  • Reset the Z height 
  • Checked the bed level


Slicer settings

  • Bed Temperature for the first layer: 60 C
  • Bed Temperature for the other layers: 50 C
  • First layer height: 0.29 mm
  • Layer Height: 0.2 mm
  • Skirt: 4 mm for object, height 1 layer




No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...