04 July, 2020

Setting up Octoprint

When I was running my old 3D printer, I found using OctoPrint to be helpful. I think it would be good to set up a new instance of OctoPrint.

Steps
  • From the OctoPrint web site, I download OctoPi 0.17.0. 
  • Using Etcher, burned the image to a 16GB SD card. 
  • Updated the file octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt with my network credentials. 
  • ssh to the pi
  • ran raspi-config
    • changed the user password
    • change timezone
    • rebooted the pi
  • Using a browser, I navigated to the IP of the OctoPi and followed the prompts to set up the first user
At this point, I paused to explore the interface. While I was exploring, OctoPrint went ahead with checking for updates. Updates were discovered and I went ahead with installing them.

Plugins
  • Bed Visualizer
    • Displays 3D mesh of bed topography report
    • Settings
      • General
        • GCODE Commands for Mesh Update Process
          • G28
          • G29 T
  • EEPROM Marlin Editor
  • Floating Navbar
  • Heater Timeout
    • Settings
      • Enable
  • Navbar Temperature
    • Display temperatures on navbar
  • Octolaspe
    • Creates a stabilized timelapse
  • Octoslack
    • monitoring your printer and prints via Slack, Mattermost, Pushbullet, Pushover, Rocket.Chat, Discord, Riot/Matrix, or Microsoft Teams
  • Simple Emergency Stop
  • Themeify


No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...