18 October, 2005
Why ARE Internet-based Applications Bad?
Over the couple of months I have blogged about several web-based applications; Writeboard, Writely, Meebo, Google Reader, Airset and Num Sum. Today I came across the Robin 'Roblimo' Miller article 'Three reasons why Internet-based applications are a bad idea' at the NewsForge site. The basic point of the article is how do you work when you can't connect to the website that is hosting the tool or your data. There have been times when I could not connect to the internet and was glad to have my tools installed on the laptop . I can see a time in the near future where many of the applications we use today will have both a web-based and stand alone components that sync as you move in and out of internet accessable zones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Challenging myself to learn something new
I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...
-
Cura Today, I made the jump from Cura 4.62 to Cura 4.7.1 . In reviewing the release notes, for Cura 4.7.0 there were a lot of updates. I s...
-
I am always looking for different programming languages. I believe that a programmer can not have to many langauges in their toolbox. Today...
-
The other day a friend was showing off some tricks he learned about PowerShell. PowerShell is a new command ling shell and scripting languag...
No comments:
Post a Comment