18 October, 2005

Why ARE Internet-based Applications Bad?

Over the couple of months I have blogged about several web-based applications; Writeboard, Writely, Meebo, Google Reader, Airset and Num Sum. Today I came across the Robin 'Roblimo' Miller article 'Three reasons why Internet-based applications are a bad idea' at the NewsForge site. The basic point of the article is how do you work when you can't connect to the website that is hosting the tool or your data. There have been times when I could not connect to the internet and was glad to have my tools installed on the laptop . I can see a time in the near future where many of the applications we use today will have both a web-based and stand alone components that sync as you move in and out of internet accessable zones.

No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...