13 January, 2006

Tips To Becoming A Better Developer

Steve Eichert has a posting entitled '7 Tips for becoming a better Software Developer.' I have been following many of these tips for years and found them to be vary effective.

I have just a couple of minor tweaks and enhancements. In Tip 1, Read, I would add trade magazines to the list. I have found an understanding of both the programming world and the specific industry you are currently working in to be critical to my career growth. In Tip 4, Blog It up, blogging about the things you don't know about from Tip 3. This provides you with content for your blog and a blog is a great place to collect knowledge that you can look up again.

I would like to also propose the addition of another tip. Get involved in your local user groups. User Groups provide you a great place to network with other professionals in the programming world. I also encourage you to give a presentation for the user group. This gives you a safe place to develop public speaking and presentation skills.

No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...