06 January, 2006

Where Have I Been?

I have not been blogging for that last few days because that thing I call 'my life' got in the way.

My wife and I are talking about what home improvement projects need to be done this year. We are considering getting the house ready to sell. We still have not decided if or where to move to.

I am taking more time with my son. I need to take him to the pool two days a week to help get him comfortable with the water. He is 3 and half and has been taking swim lessons for a year and an half now. I am not happy with how slowly his swimming skills are developing. Being Dad I know who is to blame and what I have to do to take care of the issue.

My wife and I have started teaching our son to read. This is also taking alot of effort and going slowly.

Over the holiday I bought a new 200 Gig hard drive so I felt compelled to install the new drive. I also figured that this would be a good time to reconfigure a couple of machines. I have been installing Ubuntu on two boxes. I have installed one box in server mode this is also the box I installed the new hard drive in. This is a big step into the linux world for me. The default install does not include a GUI. I am learning how to configure and administer the box just through the command line. The other box I have installed with a GUI. I have had a few issues with the installs. My problems came mostly from hardware issues. I think I am in good shape now.

I have been thinking about my blogging activities. I need to make some changes. I need a new look for the new year. I am talking with my wife about getting her to blog. She is in need of an outlet for some of her creativity. I am also considering what my blogging goals for this year should be.

No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...