18 September, 2020

OctoPrint Reinstall

From the OctoPrint web site, I downloaded a new version of OctoPi 0.17.0 image. Used gparted to wipe out all the partitions on an SD card. Next came flashing the OctoPi image to the SD card using Etcher.

Modified the octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt on the boot drive with my network credentials and modified the country info

After placing the SD card back in the Pi, I powered the device up and waited 5 minutes. I found the IP address of the Pi then opened a terminal window and started an SSH session to the Pi. 

From the command line on the Pi, I ran the command 'sudo raspi-config'. I changed the Password, changed the Timezone, and updated to the latest version. For good measure, I rebooted the Pi.

Once OctoPi was up and running, I opened the URL to the local version of OctoPi, I went through the standard setup screens. After another few minutes, I was prompted to updated OctoPrint to 1.4.2.

Once the OctoPrint finished updating to the latest version and rebooted. It was time to get some plugins.

Plugins

  • Bed Visualizer
    • Ran multiple times and made small adjustments between each run. 
  • EEPROM Marlin Editor
  • Navbar Temp
  • Octolapse 
    • Starting off with this disabled. I will need to come back later to config and enable. 
  • Octoslack 
  • Themeify
    •  Applied the settings from Teaching Tech
    • Added a new style. Selector '.navbar-text', CSS-Rule 'color' Value '#667cea'
  •  
In Cura, set up a connection to OctoPrint. The set up is found in Preferences -> Printers -> Select the printer -> Connect OctoPrint button.

 


No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...