15 April, 2005

Book Review: Expert One-on-One Visual Basic .NET Business Objects

I just finished reading Rockford Lhotka’s book Expert One-on-One Visual Basic .NET Business Objects. This is a book that every VB.NET developer should own. The book breaks down into three parts. Part one is a discussion of architecture and technology, in which Rocky lays out framework and the tools needed to build the framework. Part two is building the framework using C# and VB.NET. Part three is an example of how to use the framework that was created.

I am a better programmer after reading this book. I now have a better understanding of how to more effectively use tools I have and how to build better tools in the future. I can see myself referencing this book on future projects.

Apress’ website has the table of contents, source code and an Errata for the book. The Errata has a number of items in it. I also found a C# version of the book.

Author: Rockford Lhotka
Title: Expert One-on-One Visual Basic .NET Business Objects
Publisher: Apress
ISBN:
1-59059-145-3

No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...