09 December, 2005

Beginner's Guide To Search Engine Optimization

Getting listed in a search engine is fairly easy. Most search engines have a page that allows the manual submission of a URL. It normally takes a day or two for the search engine scan your page. Now that you are listed in a search engine you will want to try to increase your page ranking.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a set of practices that you can apply to a website in an effort to increase its ranking within a search engine.

Getting started with SEO usually several hours of reading. Reading SEO related websites for relevant information and reading search engine FAQ's. To help cut through the clutter and get started on the right for the site SEOmoz.org has a great posting entitled 'Beginner's Guide to Search Engine Optimization.'

I have quickly scanned the article and noted several places where I am going to have to re-read carefully.

No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...