06 December, 2005

Sed Tutorials

In an effort to improve my Lunix/Unix knowledge I have stumbled across two tutorials for Sed. Sed is short for Stream Editor. Why would I want to use Sed? Sed is great for performing repetitive edits that would take a long time to do manually. For example you could use Sed to every instance of 'Bob Smith' to 'Mr. Robert Smith.' Sed does this by sequentially reading a file a single line at a time into memory. Sed makes the changes to the line in memory. The changed line can be sent to screen or file.

The first resource is Sed - An Introduction and other comes from Oracle Using the sed Editor.

No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...