19 December, 2005

FreeMind - Free Mind Mapping Tool

Check out FreeMind, a free mind-mapping tool written in Java so it can be run virtually anywhere. A mind map is a tool for visual thinking, learning, memory and brainstorming. It was during my college days when I was introduced to mind maps. I remember doing a few mind maps but they never really worked for me. It was just recently that mind maps have gotten my attetion. I had a programming issue that kept stumping me. I ended up talking about the problem with a friend. My friend made a quick mind map on a napkin. This has sparked a renewed interest in mind maps.

A quick Google search showed several mind mapping tools are out there. Right now I am trying out FreeMind because it will run in Microsoft Windows and on Linux.

No comments:

Challenging myself to learn something new

I have recently set a big challenge for myself. I want to know about Machine Learning . To add to the challenge, I am trying out usin...